ecancer Travel Bursary Fund
The deadline for bursary applications has now passed.
If you have applied you will be informed if you have been successful but the 1st October.
Please make sure you have read the terms and conditions below.
Who can apply?
- You must be a student working towards a medical degree, a postgraduate student or a junior doctor.
- You must be working in a hospital in an oncology related field or studying an oncology related subject.
- You must live outside of the Kolkata Metropolitan Area but applications will be considered to support the travel costs of delegates if their travel time is over 2 hours as long as all other conditions are met.
How much you can apply for?
You can apply for up to ₹ 10,000 to cover travel and accommodation.
This funding is intended to support your attendance but not cover every cost related to the event for example subsistence (food/drink) is not covered as the event is catered.
Terms and conditions
- If you are accepted for a bursary, and do not attend the meeting, you will not be paid the bursary.
- Bursaries will be administered by the Tata Medical Center and paid by bank transfer (not cash) within 20 working days of the meeting.
- Once accepted you will be asked to supply bank account details so that the money can be paid to you after the meeting.
- We have limited funds for bursaries and you may not receive the full amount you ask for.
- ecancer is managing the application and selection process. ecancer's decision if final and there is no appeal process.
- You must register for the Congress before applying for the travel bursary. The ₹500 registration fee is non refundable even if you are not selected for a bursary (unless you are applying from Nepal).
How to apply
- Please complete the form below. Any issues please email events@ecancer for a Word copy of the form.
- The application deadline in 26 September 2019
- All applicants will be informed of their acceptance status by 1 October
- We strongly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
If you would like to ask us any questions about the bursaries please email events@ecancer.